Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Back from the Stitches Expo

I’m finally starting to get some energy back after my weekend at Stitches. All in all I had fun. There was some minor grumpiness on my part due to having to drive myself there and back for four straight days. Traffic + construction + summer weather + unfamiliar route = grumpiness.

Other than that, my classes were good and I learned several new things and picked up some tips for a couple skills I am a little weak on. I ran into several knitters I met at various other knitting events and met a whole new group of very nice knitters that I’ll hopefully see again at some other event. I of course augmented my yarn stash and now have several new projects to put on my “to do” list as well as ideas for a couple to dream about doing for a while . . . sigh …

Here’s some of what I bought…

Notice it’s mostly sock yarn?












Also, here’s a picture of me and Lily before the student banquet – her outfit was knitted and accessories were crocheted – right down to the baseball! She was my teacher for her “reversible cables” class which was a great class. Highly recommend it to anyone thinking about taking classes at Stitches. (Obviously she was also promoting Stitch-n-Pitch – unfortunately the Sox game was that night – otherwise I think I could have talked hubby into another one!) I also took Miters by Design with Jane Slicer-Smith, not realizing that she was the designer of a sweater that I have wanted to try. Yeah! She not only showed us a sample, but talked about that particular pattern in class.

Well, I have to go - the cats are getting jealous of how much time I spend on the computer, so that’s all for today.

1 comment:

bobbi said...

Traffic + construction + summer weather + unfamiliar route = grumpiness.
that is why i stay at the Hyatt for 4 days.
glad you had a good time there.