Monday, November 26, 2007

Happy Monday

I hope everyone had a not-too-stressful weekend. We had a quiet thanksgiving. It’s hard now since the kids are so far apart and none of them are in a position to travel much. DH had to work on Friday which took us out of the position of traveling anywhere as well. We would have liked to go see either of our parents, but that didn’t work out. So we had a quite day, just us and the football games. We also took time to go see a movie. This is a treat for both of us, but a rare occurrence since neither of us likes the environment at movie theaters. (There are just too many people who don’t have a clue how to behave in public). Anyway, we saw the movie August Rush. I don’t usually go around publicly endorsing movies, because there is already plenty of advertising, but if you like a movie that has you leaving the theater saying “wow” … this is the one to see. We will definitely be adding the soundtrack to our CD collection. The story was really good and the actors did a great job of conveying the emotional content. Like I said, if you like a feel good movie, go see it, you won’t regret it.
I got some knitting done, but not so much that I didn’t treat it like a holiday. I finished 2 out of 3 hats that I’d hoped to get done and started the third, not so bad. These two purple ones are basic hats using a 91 / 90 stitch pattern and improvising on the details. One is a two-color snowflake pattern the other is a basket-weave stitch.
The 3rd hat which is in progress is Jared’s Koolhaas hat from IK holiday knits. The twisted cables took a little effort to get the hang of, but once I did it started to get faster. So far I like the look of it. I took a good look at my wool-ease stash, and the goal is to make hats using up these 7 skeins of yarn. That will put me at 21 out of my goal of 20. If I get all these knit and still have time left before we give them to the shelter, I’ll do some more with the partial skeins.

I decided the other two gifts on my Christmas knitting list could take a back seat to hats because I still have a full week after the target date for hats and that should be enough time to knit those two. It’s a plan. I’ll let you know if it works out that way (tee, hee).

1 comment:

SciFiTVFanGirl said...

Awww...we were totally going to go see August Rush on Thursday, but I wasn't feeling up to going out. I'm glad you liked it. I do really want to see that one.

Love you. *hugs*