Monday, December 17, 2007

Hats and Other Stuff

I reached my goal of 20 hats! Here are some pictures….

The three I mentioned in the last post:


All 20:

I cast on for the next project on my gift knitting list: a felted bag for my NASCAR-loving niece. I call it the Jeff Gordon Special – it’s the “Felted Blue Bag” pattern from Moda Dea. I’m using Patons Classic Wool in red, yellow and blue to create a sort of striped pattern and you can see the lining fabric peeking out from under the WIP. I had wanted to do flames, but I think the time constraint will make that too tricky an undertaking.
After this one is done, I have another niece to knit a bag for and then the socks for my DH. I figure if I get both bags done by the weekend, I can sneak the socks in here and there and finish them in time … otherwise he’s getting the one sock that’s already finished with an IOU for the second (tee, hee).
Most of the knitting I did was over the weekend. I didn't get too much of the knitting I had hoped to do done today. Two of our "Senior Saints" from church and I went to the nursing home to deliver some lap robes they have been stitching and I had several errands and things that kept me out of the house most of the day. It was nice to see the people who are benefitting from our efforts and the one "Senior Saint" who is almost 90 herself really enjoyed presenting the lap robes. So even though my schedule was adjusted, the day wasn't really lost.

1 comment:

SciFiTVFanGirl said...

Huzzah for hats!

Also, you should check this out for some happiness:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0499448/trailers-me60638658

It's good stuff. ;o)