Tuesday, January 1, 2008

2008 is upon us!

Greetings and happiness in the New Year!

I had a nice Christmas visit with two of my Brothers, my parents, my brothers wives and kids and a (probably soon to be family member) friend of one of my nieces. We started off in central Illinois at my younger brother’s house for a Christmas day celebration and then headed west the next day to beautiful Galena, IL for skiing, shopping and general family time. We were joined by my brother’s in-laws who are actually a part of the extended family because our families have been friends for so long. This was the first time I tried skiing so I honestly have to say that being with my brothers was fun…. I did more of this... than this... Maybe cross-country skiing would be more compatible with my style….

Did I mention shopping? That was fun. I, mom, SIL Bonnie and (not pictured) my Dad and niece Debbie hit downtown Galena when everybody else went back to the slopes. There were many fun shops and lots to see, oh- and of course a Yarn Shop. (Fiber Wild!) If you get out that way, it’s a must stop.
Mostly it was a relaxing trip and lots of fun family time.

I knit a little too. I got a start on these – Winter Gem (from Cast On fall issue). Debbie Bliss Cashmerino DK First project for 2008!

1 comment:

Charlie Chuckles said...

Happy New Year!

I'm glad you had a good time with your family and still found time to visit a yarn store and knit.

Good work!!!!