Monday, March 10, 2008

Happy mailbox

I’m feeling some love from my mailman again. Saturday, I got a package from my daughter with a cute card and stickers (just because she loves me) and today a pair of shoes I ordered from Lands End arrived. Additionally, I got a swap package. (Yay for swaps).

The package actually got here Saturday, but we were out when the mailman came by and because it needed to be signed for, he just left a slip in our box. I went to the PO today and picked it up

The package was from Russia. I participated in the ‘Sock Knitters of the World Unite and Swap” swap. My sender was Zoya (aka Zozzy on ravelry) from St. Petersburg. Look at the goodies she sent!

Some beautiful periwinkle colored yarn, coffee, chocolate (looks like dark and with almonds) I’ll be taste testing that soon. There was also a row counter and knitting gauge with metric conversions which I really needed a spoon, postcards, calendar and magnet with scenery from in and around St. Petersburg.

I didn’t knit as much as I would have liked because I was busy with other chores and errands, including taking Zelda in for her annual check up, most of the day. Hopefully I’ll have plenty of knitting content in the next post.

1 comment:

Karen said...

A package from Russia? How cool is that??? Looks like she sent along some wonderful stuff. Enjoy!