Saturday, April 5, 2008

Can You Still Call it Work?

Can you still call it work if it feels like fun? I had my second day at the YS today and I think I’ll really like working there. It’s a brand new shop so there are still a few things to be worked out, but I really enjoyed myself. Some of my duties so far:

Help customers find yarn for pattern
Help customers decide how much yarn is needed
Check out knitters with their yarn purchases
Wind up little balls of lots of lovely yarn for the “Yarn Tasting” (which was today).
Help set up for Yarn Tasting
Help customers solve little knitting problems
Answer general knitting questions.
Assist knitter who needed refresher on casting on, knitting, purling, etc…
Talk to knitters about knitting
Talk to non-knitters about classes

Whew! I’m a little tired, but the good tired you get when you had fun doing something you felt was worthwhile. Oh, I even got to knit a little too… when everyone was busy knitting (and not shopping) I sat and did a swatch with one of the yarn samples…. Very nice sari-silk yarn… duties to come will probably include knitting sample patterns and there are a couple of classes (to teach) in the works.

So, you’re wondering with all this working going on, have I found any time to knit?

But, of course… lately, there seems to be nothing on TV except baseball and basketball… and…and…the remote has mysteriously vanished…

Here’s where I’m at with the diagonal delight vest...Does it look more like a vest, yet?


"All that work talk just wears me out"

2 comments:

SciFiTVFanGirl said...

Oh huzzah! I am so glad you are enjoying your job. *hugs*

knittingma said...

Oh, I'm so jealous that you get to work at your LYS! I think if I were in that situation, though, that I would buy *way* too much yarn. Sounds like you're having a lot of fun!