Friday, May 2, 2008

A Reason To Procrastinate

Another rainy Friday, but before I can knit I have to pay bills. (My justification for being on the computer, ha, ha!) But before I do that, I thought I’d do a quick post.
I managed to get the Earl Grey socks done in time to post to SAM5 and get credit for an April pair.


Pattern: Earl Grey Socks by Stephanie Pearl McPhee (Yarn Harlot)
Yarn: KnitPicks Essential, Flint
Needles: Size 1 dpn
Mens Medium




I need to remember to take the camera to work on Monday to show off the pretty socks I’m knitting there.
Next, I got 6 repeats done on Branching Out #2 (probably won’t post any pics because it’s exactly the same as the other) and started the right front on the vest so I did have a pretty good round of knitting.
Oh yeah, and to reduce panic later this month, I started these:
Monkey; two-two-at-a-time, Magic Loop, Wildfoote Rock-n-Roll… not much to look at yet, but I’m not taking any chances on May sneaking off and turning into June before I’m done knitting my KAL socks.
Oh, and remember that sassy yarn at the LYS where I work…pretty sure that I mentioned it before? It followed me home yesterday….
Sooo pretty… and yes! It is sock yarn. I rationalized this after reading some of the comments on the Knitting Daily informal stash survey…. Even DH agreed that if I kept it under 160 pairs worth I was being conservative!
(Besides how else was I going to keep it from tripping me the next time I walked past?)

(Claudia Handpaints - Thistle...It's really purple in person... for some reason, the camera doesn't like this color)

No comments: