Thursday, June 26, 2008

I’m a Sock Knitter

I've been totally at a loss of words and inspiration since making the Harlot's blog (chicago redux in case you missed it). Well, I have been knitting... and I just finished the Aquaphobia socks. Pattern: Aquaphobia by Knitfreak
Yarn: Regia (Kaffe Fasset) Mirage: color Fog
Size 1 DPN

Really, there’s not a whole lot more to say about these socks other than that. I'm still sort of at a loss for words, so I thought I’d share with you something I wrote up for the Sock Boot Camp that we did at the Shop a couple of weeks ago. This was something that we did just for fun and passed out to the sock knitters who attended.

The Sock Knitters Creed
I am a sock knitter; a practitioner of one of the oldest crafts known to man. I am proud of the hand knit socks I create. I will do my part to carry this time honored tradition into the future. I will ably create cuffs, heels, gussets and toes. I will deftly select the right yarn for each pair. I will knit warm socks for those I love, and when called upon, for those in need as well. I will share my love of sock knitting with other knitters and seek to learn ‘new pathways’ as my skills increase. I will proudly wield my double-point or circular needles for all to see by carrying my sock knitting along for filling idle moments. I will not shy away from the questions asked by curious non-knitters. I will salute my fellow sock knitters when I see them. I will knit socks, for I am a sock knitter
.

(Feel free to copy or share this with a sock knitter you know, but please, please, pretty please attribute it back to this blog!! Thanks)
Other than that, I cast on for the Summer Shell with some stash yarn, but I’m not ready to show off pictures of that yet. There could be yardage issues. I’ll probably work on the heels of the mismatch socks before I start on my next sock project, but we’ll see where the knitting whims go next

No comments: