Monday, June 30, 2008

WIPS, Wanna-Do’s and Everything Else

I don’t know what your summer knitting looks like, but mine looks something like this:
(This is what I found collected around my knitting chair.)

From the left, Planned: a basic crew neck t-shirt (Edin Madil, bamboo), July socks (Noro Kuryeon Sock), Unbiased (Frabjous Fibers, Recycled Sari Silk Yarn), OTN: Secret Swap Sock, (top) Branching Out (#2; Silky Wool) – finished yesterday! (Still needs a good blocking), (bottom) Summertime Shell (SWTC Beyond Bold)*, (right) Mis-Matched Socks (Shelridge Farms Merino DK), and Baby gifts (Stork Cotton) …
…And just needing stuffing and embellishment:

Catnip Mice (Kit by Bully Woolies for Store Sample) – the kit is supposed to make fiver but there was enough leftover yarn to make a 6th (striped) mouse!
…Complete with complimentary (pre-felting) product test


(tester seems satisfied)

Since I do occasionally do other things than knit, I’m pretty sure this is most likely everthing I’ll be working on this summer, but since there’s three to five more planned projects lurking in my stash, if I finish something listed here, who knows what will be OTN next!

* A project made possible through the wondrous powers of Ravelry! The "Beyond Bold" cotton is a discontinued product, but thanks to Ravelry, with a little searching and I was able to track down antoher knitter with some of this yarn in purple. The owner graciously was more than willing to swap for some of the yarn in my stash. So, now, I’ll have enough to do it in solid purple!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I'm amazed at how you knit so quickly!

I've been working on a scarf for a friend that was supposed to be a Christmas gift... that might turn out to be this year's Christmas gift!