Thursday, August 14, 2008

Whirlwind

Well it feels like I’ve been caught in one these days. My cousin got married last Friday, in a lovely ceremony in Lake Geneva; so I had my parents visiting over a few days. (Unfortunately the Cardinals were in town playing the Cubs and I was surrounded by Cubs FANS)… humpf. Anyway it is always good to catch up with family and we had an opportunity to visit with (ironically) the Twin City branch (Aunt, uncle and cousins) and meet some nice folks who are friends of my cousin and his new wife. (the happy couple)
Then, with barely time to catch my breath Linda, Chris and I took an early flight Monday for a quick trip to St. Paul to meet with the fabulous staff of the Yarnery; to get tips on marketing and promotional ideas to help our shop grow. We also hit a couple of other shops while in MN to get some of the local flavor there and ideas about displays, etc. we also checked out some surrounding non yarn-related shops. There might have been one teeny-tiny yarn purchase on the trip (yarn we don’t carry and which might be hard to find for a while) Linda made me swear on a stack of alpaca that I wouldn’t knit with it at work…
(Malabrigo Silky Merino DK, colors Hyacint & Bahia)
We arrived home late Tuesday, tired, but with heads swimming with many ideas. I suspect things at the shop will get busy for me as I start working on some of the projects and ideas we’re planning.
Yesterday was laundry, recouperating and I think some knitting...
I made progress on a few projects while others are feeling neglected. I’ll try to get some knitting content up in the next post.

No comments: