Monday, November 24, 2008

Too Pretty Not to Wear

I grafted the toes and wanted to wear these right away! Good thing it was early this morning. See; my toes are toasty on this snowy day. Bavarian (Pattern by Candace Eisner Strick from Vogue: The Ultimate Sock Book) Yarn: Claudia Handpaint Fingering in Thistle Needles: US 1.5 / Magic Looped
I still love this pattern. And I’m still trying to figure out if there is an error; but the good news is I found Candace’s email (from my class instructions from Stitches) and I plan on sending her out a message to figure it out. This pair really didn’t need to take so long to knit, but I paced myself on the first one for the class and I let other things (Goldilocks Socks) come between me and finishing the second one. I really need to go back to smaller numbers of projects on the needles at a time. Like only one big one and one sock project. I really have felt overwhelmed when I have too many things going at once and it really isn’t that practical for me. So, I’m going to try to scale back my knitting ambition and only peek at new patterns and yarns when the try to tempt me and seduce me into casting on right away. Like this and this and especially this (which has been breeding in my stash). I think there might even be a pattern/yarn match plan in there. But before any of that… I have a few little gifts and a sweater to knit. Back to it…. Happy Knitting

1 comment:

Marguerite said...

Beautiful socks. That blue is lovely.

I've been limiting myself to three projects on the needles for over a year now and it's working great. I don't feel stressed about my knitting anymore and I no longer put a project down for months and forget what I'm doing even when I have notes that I no longer understand.

With allowing three projects, I still have some option of putting a project aside if I get really tired of working on it or if I think I don't like the way it's working out and need to take a break before deciding to frog it.