Monday, July 13, 2009

The Shape of Things to Come

Well my knitting is starting to “shape” up. I finished one Octagon and two squares for baby Sylvia’s blanket. The Sprout yarn is so soft and cuddly, but it is a beast to knit with! Thank goodness the shapes are knitted with alternating decrease rounds (it goes faster as I go). Here’s a peek: There will be more colors added before it’s done, but it’s a start! I also finished the back on the vest and started one of the fronts, no hurry on this project, but I’m to the point where I’m ready to have it off the needles! (no pics) And, last but not least, I finished the blue anklets, so I have at least one pair of socks knit for July (and a finished project to show)… see! Pattern: striped version of a basic sock pattern Yarn: Panda cotton in colors 2302/Baby Blues and 0511/Deep Water Size 2.5 mm needles (dpn)
I expect this to be a sort of busy week. Linda has gone off on a much deserved vacation and left me as lead at the shop during her absence. Most of the time we work together to take care of things, so that’s not too big of a deal, I just need to stay in communication with everybody.
There also will be a little extra cleaning and staying on top of housework because my big brother and niece are coming to visit on Sunday. I’m really looking forward to the visit.
Well, that’s what I’ve been up to… Happy Knitting!
Nana

1 comment:

Lynn said...

I LOVE your socks!!! I'm interested to see how they hold up. I've wanted to buy some Panda cotton but I've put it off.