Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Five Quick Things


I haven’t had much to write about for a couple of days since all of my current projects are
WIPs you’ve seen before and they are still in progress…

But I did cast on for one new thing.  

Pattern:  Squirrely Swedish Mittens by Elli Stubenrauch (Elliphantom Knits)
Yarn: Knit Picks Essential Kettle Dyed in Spruce and Eggplant
Size 2.25 needle / Magic loop

I’ve knit the cuff and have worked the chart up to the last row of the squirrels section… see

On Monday, I got this in the mail:


Malibrigo Sock yarn (806 Impressionist Sky) … I’ve wanted to try it, now I need to look for a good pattern

Then the doorbell rang and this arrived:


Flowers from my Mom and Dad

On Tuesday, this came in the mail:

Two Skeins of Knitivity Down Home Sock Yarn and Knitters Winter 09 issue (full of some nice patterns)

And finally, this is what it looks like out my front door…


DH departs from Alaska tonight and is scheduled to arrive tomorrow afternoon (Christmas Eve), please cross your fingers that there are no issues with his flights (thanks) that’s the only Christmas present I am asking for this year.

Happy Holidays to all!
Happy Knitting!
Nana

2 comments:

Jean said...

Here's wishing both of you a most wonderful, blessed Christmas. One filled with love and joy and peace.
Thanks for your inspiration-knitting and spiritual all year long.
Jean

Lynn said...

Oh I SO hope he made it home in time!!!!

Love all the new stash you got too. And I LOVE the winter wonderland outside your window!