Friday, December 4, 2009

Knitward



The tree (such as it is) is trimmed, the stockings are hung, the gift knitting is finished and the Nana household is as ready as it can be for the upcoming holidays and much, much anticipated return of DH.  The only thing there is really left to do at this point is to get the Christmas cards in the mail and settle in with the winter knitting.

I’d love to show you several FO’s that have been released from my needles recently, but since they are gifts, the pictures won’t even go up on ravelry until after the holidays.  My regular knitting which was suspended in order to complete a few gifts and get the house decorated is not much further along than the last time I showed it.  I’ve finished one sock each of the plain Mountain Color socks and Cut Paste socks (and cast on for the mates).  I finished the back of the big “v” vest and the shawl is growing at a snails pace.  The vest and shawl projects will remain on the back burner in favor of finishing those socks and starting a sweater. 
The sweater pattern name is Bi-Color Cables.  You can see what it looks like here.  My colors will be much different.  I’m sort of excited about doing this since I’ve been in love with this pattern for a couple of years.  I’ve also been sort of in the mood to do cables, so I think now is the right time.
I also need to prepare something for the toe-up workshop I’ll be doing this month, so that’s what I’ve been up to.



In the meantime, I’ll leave you with some pictures, so that the post won’t be completely devoid of knitting…


More socks and a hat for Miss Sylvia

Happy (holiday)  Knitting!
Nana

1 comment:

Jean said...

I need a step by step rating of this pattern. Looks like my kind of sweater, but just how difficult is it-really?