I’ve been busy trying to get a handle on my stash; I keep finding undocumented skeins whenever I go to put projects on Ravelry. How can this be? So in an effort to get things under control and make sure that I can match queued projects to yarn I have I started an inventory to compare the stuff in my actual stash to what’s entered in Ravelry. I’ve done 5 out of 8 drawers and am flabbergasted by what I’ve uncovered so far. I suspect that it might be mating season or something, what else would explain where all this extra yarn came from? Needless to say, I will have to make a day of updating after I get done with the whole inventory. I’ve been photographing the missing yarn as I go. I actually had more stash pictures than project pictures on my camera when I uploaded this time.
Yarn shock notwithstanding, it’s been good getting reacquainted with some of the things I have squirreled away and helping me focus on specific projects I should be planning.
Speaking of projects, I’m still working away on the Vines and Leaves Cardi. I have one sleeve about ¾ the way done and one more to do. I’m hoping I can finish it by the middle of next week. And in the meantime, I’ve managed to finish a couple of other things.
I took a short break between finishing the body of the cardi and starting the sleeves to work this up for our granddaughter in MI (who we’d like to visit sometime soon). It’s a belated birthday gift for her 2nd b-day. Her mom and aunt call her "bug" so I thought this pattern would be perfect for her.
Pattern: Mrs. Beetle from Babies and Toddlers: A Knitter’s Dozen (XRX Books)
Yarn: Jil Eaton Minnow Knits
I also finished these socks:
Pattern: Diagonal Lace by Wendy Johnson
Yarn: Down Home Sock by Knitivity color Purl Grey
Size 0 needles / Toe Up
And started these:
Pattern: Prism Socks
Yarn: Lang Jawoll (yellow) and Rio De La Plata
I may have to adjust the stitch count on these, but I am really liking the effect of mixing these two yarns on the look of the pattern.