Thursday, July 1, 2010

Laughlin Twist


Laughlin Twist
Originally uploaded by nanaknits21

this is just a drive-by post to let you know I'm still knitting along. I worked these up on a trip to Laughlin Nevada. They started out as the Lombard Street Socks from the current issue of Love of Knitting, but I had some issues with the pattern/yarn combo and ended up reworking my own version using a scaled down version of the cable-lace pattern and kept the other lace inset from the original pattern. I think they turned out pretty spiffy. The only part I didn't like was that the skein of Noro Silk Garden Sock yarn I used had one of the infamous Noro knots and as you can see in the sock on the right the colors change mid-heel, otherwise they were actually starting to match nicely. We're off on a series of adventures this month, so entries may be spotty, but I do have more knitted things to show off, so check back once in a while.

Have a splended Independence Day and happy knitting!

Nana

No comments: