Thursday, December 2, 2010

Who Moved My Calendar?


December has arrived and I am nearly caught up on some of my knitting goals.  The end is in sight for the Pi Shawl.  It is still a hopeless looking blob, but I hope to free it from the needles soon and hopefully it will be much more photogenic when it can be spread out and properly blocked. 

Instead of going out and joining the consumer fray last Friday, I cast on and knit this quick little cowl.  This was one of the projects for the Friday Night Knitting Club at my LYS.  We got a shipment of the Misti Alpaca Chunky in a couple days before that and I fell hard for this yarn in this colorway.  When I saw the cowl pattern, I asked about doing a substitution and it worked out quite nicely in my opinion.  A second skein may have come home with me Friday night to work up some matching mittens.  (I’ll keep you posted!)

Pattern: Chunky Eyelet Cowl by Nancy Wyatt
Yarn: Misti Alpaca Chunky in Winter Queen
Size 10 needles
(About 3 hours of knitting time, including 10 frogged rows)
Pattern Mods: Knit 8 rounds between eyelet sets.

I also finished my Watershed.

This pattern was a lovely knit and I’m only sorry I let it sit as often as I did instead of getting it done more quickly because I can’t wait for it to be done blocking and wear it. This picture is sort of bleah, so I'll have to get a better modeled shot and post it later.

Pattern: Watershed by Amy Swenson
Yarn: Dream in Color Classy in Midnight Derby
Needles: Size 8
Cast on: Nov 1st Finished Nov 27. 

I also finished one each of the two pairs of socks I’ve been working:

And cast on for each of their mates…

I also finished one of the Christmas gift knitting projects I was working on and will be starting the next one shortly. 

Saucey is not impressed:

Happy Knitting!

Nana

1 comment:

SciFiTVFanGirl said...

Is Saucey really ever impressed though?