Monday, March 28, 2011

Finishing March

I finished all three pair of socks that I had on the needles the last time I posted:


Vegetable Thin Socks
















Pattern: Basic Sock
Yarn: Noro Kuryeon Sock in color 255
Needles:  Size 2.25mm dpn
Notes: these actually took longer to knit than I liked because I started getting a little too much “muddiness” in sock 2 and had to keep trying different reds until I got enough contrast.  There is a lot of red in this colorway.

Sunday Swing Socks / April Selection Personal Sock Club

Pattern: Sunday Swing
Yarn: Creatively Dyed Steel in Kino Fuji
Needles: size 2.25 mm dpn & ML
Notes:  The original pattern was Cirque, but the cables got lost in the patterning of the yarn and there also seemed to be a bit too much ease in these and I really didn’t want to go down a needle size.  I started them out on dpn, but didn’t like the division of the stitches for the pattern so I switched to circ and finished them ML.

March Mystery Socks / SKA group Ravelry

Pattern: March Mystery sock
Yarn: Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock in Lauma
Size 2.25mm ML
Notes: this was my first mystery KAL and I have to say that it was a great experience. I love this pattern and really had so much fun knitting it.  It knit up so fast that by the time I finished the second clue in the first sock, I knew I wouldn’t be able to wait a whole week to work on them again, so I cast on sock #2 and knit it through the second clue so I could do clue 3 on both socks and have more knitting time with the pattern.  They fit great too!

I also started a couple of other projects in between.

I found this Shamrock and Four Leaf Clover Pin (by Cheryl Andrews) pattern on Ravelry and made up a couple in worsted, then I made up a couple in fingering; just a little March fun.


I also started a shop sample for the class I will be doing in April … this is actually a baby blanket pattern, but it will end up on the back of my couch … to protect the spot currently covered with Saucey hair.
Inside out square in Cascade 220 superwash
 Then I cast on for a KAL at work that I’m helping with, I don't have a pic of this project since I barely got past the gauge swatch, but I think it will be a fun KAL.  I'll post more about it when there is something to show.  The project is the Desert Vest from the Rowan Savannah collection.
 
As you might guess, I didn’t make much progress on the sweater or shawl due mostly to letting myself get distracted by the new projects and other ideas. 

I’ve got a lot going on knitting wise and hopefully something will make for good posting in April.

Happy Knitting,

Nana

PS.  Baseball season opens this weekend!

No comments: