Friday, September 14, 2007

Of window treatments and sick cats

Another project is done!

I was pretty busy yesterday and feel pretty good about getting one more thing off my “to do” list. I had bought the fabric some time ago with the intention of doing a window treatment in the kitchen of some sort. The main “window” in the kitchen is actually the sliders going out to the deck. The idea was to tie it in with these cute rugs that we have in the kitchen. I wanted to do something a little more challenging than a typical window topper. Finally inspiration struck when I got the idea to put a narrow shelf above the window and attach the valance to that. It took several weeks to convince my husband that this would work and to go to the hardware store, buy the shelf, cut it and wait for him to attach it to the wall. The hard part was getting my motivation going. The sewing part really only took about 1 ½ hours.
So, here it is….

And the inspiration behind it….

I also managed to get one baby hat done, worked on an excel chart for the tidal pool socks and took Zelda to the vet to have her ears checked. She has been scratching and had gunky ears for a little while; we were also beginning to suspect that maybe she was having trouble with her hearing. No mites or other defects thankfully, but she does have some sort of infection and is now getting drops twice a day. The vet wasn’t too sure about her hearing either, but is optimistic that getting the infection cleared up might help. We’ll see if she behaves better once the ears are better…

Oh, and my yarn arrived, so I can get back to work on finishing the tank top this weekend!

No comments: