Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Tidal Pools are finished!


Specifics:

Yarn: Water #110, hand dyed merino from Creatively Dyed Yarn

Needles: 0 bamboo dpns
Pattern: My own modified x, o cables with lace panel over 75 st. For some reason the second sock took longer than the first and was fussier, but they are done now :)


I have another skein of this yarn in another color and plan on making a slightly similar pair of socks for a Christmas gift.

Shh, please don’t tell my husband…. I already blew the September yarn budget! I popped in to a LYS because I had a 10% off coupon and lo and behold, they were running a 25% off everything sale today. I left the store weak kneed and light walleted and my stash has just been enhanced with yarn for a vest, a felting project and Noro-because-it’s-on-sale in two colors.

3 comments:

Sue said...

What a beautiful pattern for socks!
Very nice!!

SciFiTVFanGirl said...

Gorgeous socks Mom! Huzzah for yarn sales. I am jealous, I haven't been able to even think about my crochet projects for a while. I can't wait to get back to a normal routine again. Have a good one, love you!

(This is Cori by the way, I updated my user name because I started a blog of my own.)

bobbi said...

where is that LYS with 25% off?
I need to know, I can always go off my yarn diet at any given monent. LOL!!