Thursday, November 5, 2009

What’s In Your Basket?


I figured it was time I shared a little of what’s happening here at Nana’s.  I’ve been doing more serial casting on and less knitting than I would like (again).   But I am seeing progress on a couple of projects…

But before I get to those, I thought I‘d share a few yarn acquisitions I made recently.  The first is some beautiful handspun that knitter friend Paula gifted some of the knitters in our little Thursday night group.  Sherri got two skeins of brown energized singles and I got this:


About 270grams of a nice grey and white twist yarn.  Paula wasn’t 100% on the fiber content, but I think there is enough here for a nice hat or pair of mittens or maybe a cowl.  Ah, the possibilities.

Next up, you know I can’t resist alpaca in any form, so I went to the Northern Illinois Alpaca Extravaganza at the new Lake County Fairgrounds a couple of weeks ago and after ogling all of the lovely alpaca on the hoof, I found these two skeins of  Sport weight from the Whisper Meadows Alpaca farm… The yarn is named after the alpaca it came from … how fun is that


Peruvian penny (cream) and Patent Leather (black)
I’m thinking maybe a tam?

Then last weekend on Halloween I went on an excursion with Kelly and Carol out to the Fold in Marengo, followed by a lunch where we decided to go visit yet another shop that none of us had ever been to (Gene Anne’s Yarn in Barrington).  All in all it was a lovely day and a few things followed me home:


From the Fold, Cascade Heritage Hand Painted Sock Yarn in the glamorous color 9926


And from Gene Ann (who practically thrust it upon me) Dream in Color Knitosophy in Strength

So you see, with all this yarn shopping, who has had much time left to knit?  No seriously, I have still been seeing too many patterns that I want to knit right away and have been totally unrealistic with myself about the amount of time needed to actually knit the pattern…

So, here’s what’s patiently waiting turns in my knitting basket


Niagara Falls Socks by Janelle Laidman
Yarn KPPPM

Big V Vest by Melissa Mathay
Yarn SWTC Terra


I might have showed this one already… the It Ain’t a Pair of Socks Shawl (pattern Simply Effective Shawl by Cosmicpluto Knits

Yarn Down Home Art by Knitivity colorway Ain’t Gail

And the newest and most exciting project:


Arena from Knitters Fall 2009
Yarn: Valley Yarns Stockbridge from Webs

Whew! What’s in your basket?

Happy Knitting
Nana

1 comment:

Jean said...

Darn! We talked about taking alpaca to that show & could have seen you there. Instead we got 5 newbies-check out the group photo. You & I are about even-knit a pair of sox, buy 2 skeins of yarn. I think I need to knit faster or you slower. And I need to get mor on the needles.
Jean