Monday, February 28, 2011

Month’s End

I am so happy to see February (finally) end.  I’m not a fan. This is not a deep dark secret either.  For some reason, February is the one month that I just can’t manage.  Somewhere around the third week, I become convinced that this month will never end.  Every.  Year.   I’m not sure exactly why this happens, but I just want it not to be February anymore, and the realization that I can’t make the days go by any faster just makes me sad. 

So in defense of this state of “blah” that I sink into, I want to knit and generally do.  I went into a sort of high gear of sock knitting…

I knit my February PSC pair:
Blue Chevvy's
Pattern: Father and Son Socks by Mona Schmidt
Yarn: Malabrigo Yarn Sock / Color 806 Impressionist Sky
Size 2.25mm needles / magic loop

Then I finished these:
Sweet Sweat Socks
Pattern: Basic sock
Yarn: Panda Cotton Sock / colors Ivory, Crystal Pink and Deep Water
Size 2.25mm needles / dpn


And meanwhile, I worked on these along with the class I was teaching for knitting Two at a time Top down socks at the shop:
Pond Ripples
Pattern: Harris Tweed Socks by Ali Green
Yarn: Noro Kuryeon Sock / Color 150
Size 2.25 mm needles / Magic Loop, 2AAT

Just before I finished those, I realized I wouldn’t have any socks on the needles so I cast on a mindless pair to get me through until I cast on my March PSC socks:
Vegetable Thin socks
Pattern: Basic Sock
Yarn: Noro Kuryeon Sock / Color 255

Before you get the impression all I knit in February was socks, when I wasn’t working on socks, I also knit another one of the little dice bags,

Sea Urchin Bag 2
this is a fun little project and I still have a lot of the yarn left over... I'm thinking of a new design for using that. 

And I finished this:
Carefree Shawl
Pattern: Carefree by Jen Hansen
Yarn: Three Irish Girls Adorn Sock / Color Alchemy
Needles: US Size 4

Cast on for this:
Friday Cardi
Pattern: Girl Friday
Yarn: Gedifera Extra Soft Merino
Needle: US Size 6

And this: 

Marmalade
Pattern: Miss Marple's Shawl - What Would Miss Marple Knit / Vintage from Weldon's Practical Needlework
Yarn: Knitivity Down Home Fingering / color Peachy
Needle: US Size 5

Hopefully March will bring better pictures and some interesting activities and I’ll have something besides socks to post.


Happy Knitting,

Nana

2 comments:

SciFiTVFanGirl said...

Wow! Those are all beautiful! (I love those dice bags!) Now I am looking at my poor little Doctor Who scarf untouched for the last week and feeling a tad guilty. Must go knit...

Jen said...

Your Carefree looks great! I love it! :)