Friday, May 16, 2008

About the Buttons

I was busy most of today, so just a short post. First of all, thanks for all the nice comments about my vest! I meant to say more about the buttons, but I've been pretty ditzy the last few days. The way the buttons match is absolutely amazing considering I bought the buttons in July at the Folk and Fiber Fest and the Yarn (kit) for the vest at Stitches in August and never mentally put the two together. The turquoise looks like the same dye was used on both the button and the yarn in the vest! I tend to be an impulse button buyer and had long admired similar buttons at a LYS in MN, but couldn't match enough to be useful for a project, so when I saw the selection at the festival market, I snapped up these five. I acutally had different buttons in mind for the vest, but only had 2 and couldn't find 3 more that were complimentary in size and color. So I went digging around in my button box, only to find the tagua nut buttons and realize that they would be a good fit. Hubby voted for them and they got all around approval from my friends at knitting group as well. So that 's all I have today. Have a great weekend and happy knitting!

No comments: