I suppose I actually did, but it’s more like since my last blog post, not just in the last day or so. I have actually finished several projects and am still working on others. I’ve only cast on for one more thing (so far). Here’s a quick run-down.
The one I’m most proud of:
Some of you probably watch the show called “The Big Bang Theory” for those who don’t I’ll try to keep this brief. On the 12/14 episode, Penny was wearing the cutest knitted hat… and of course being that sort of knitting dork who loves a challenge… I decided I needed to try to make it. So here’s how it turned out:
Several people on ravelry did the same thing, but most of the projects I saw there were done in Chunky. I had worsted in my stash, because basically I just not a chunky sort of knitter. So, I worked out my own pattern and knit it up with the worsted I had. I think it turned out pretty well. You can see the original in this clip from the show: Penny's Hat
I also finished some socks. First up, the Mountain Color Socks I showed you in progress a while back. For lack of a more creative name, I called these the Bearfoot socks
Yarn: Mountain Colors Bearfoot in
Basic Top-down knit pattern with eye-of-partridge heel
Knit on Kollage square dpns size 2.75mm
And as a little bonus I whipped up these for the top-down workshop I’m teaching this month:
Sassy ToesYarn: Brown Sheep Wildfoote in Rock-n-Roll (leftover from these)
Pattern: basic toe-up/w/heel flap & gusset and a little improvised ruffle at the top
Size 2.5mm magic loop
I also made up this little set:
Pattern: (Hat) Lacy Baby Set from Homespun, Handknit / (Socks) just a basic sock
Yarn: Samantha in Stitches Footcrazy in Gemtastic
These and the pair above are for my granddaughter Sylvia.
I also finished the Blue Lagoon socks (again, not very creative in the naming department lately). This is a modified version of the original pattern which I found on my friend’s blog (http://www.forwardmotion.typepad.com/becca/)
Pattern: Cut Paste Socks by Becca Diaz
Yarn: Dream in Color Smooshy
Mods: Knit Top Down instead of Toe-up; added patterning on back of leg, added 1 purl stitch to side of chart
I am really happy with how these turned out.
I even finished up a non-knitting project:
I have a hand-crafted swift (http://www.knittingnotionsonline.com/index.php?l=product_list&c=1)
that came with a little drawstring bag made out of muslin to carry the pieces in. The swift is doing fine, but the bag was getting a little beat up, so I decided I needed a better storage solution for it. The pieces were a little bulky when stored in the bag, so I thought about making a case similar to a needle case that would lay flat and hold all of the pieces securely. I played with a couple of ideas and this is what I came up with:
I’m not the worlds best at sewing, but it turned out well enough to work for what I need it to do.
Well I have a few WIPS that need attention and it’s a nice snowy day to spend indoors knitting, so I’m not going to waste anymore time on the computer. I wish you and yours all the best.
Happy Holidays to all!