Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow

We're getting another snowfall to add to our recent collection. It's a good thing that I didn't have any plans to leave the house today. So I'm going to make the most of the opportunity, because I have another set of empty needles to fill up! May I present my latest pair of finished socks… the Blueberry Swirl Socks

Pattern: Harris Tweed by Ali Green Yarn: Gypsy Girl Creations Fingering Weight in African Violet Size 2.5 mm Knit Picks harmony dpn Started November 28; Finished December 8, 2008

I showed these in the blog once before when I was indecisive about whether or not to keep going on the first sock with the ugly fat lightening bolt flashing that was happening, or to frog it. Ultimately I did frog the sock and start over. The second attempt at the patterning produced a more pleasing swirl and even though they are not identical, the look is one that I am happier with. The pattern might be a little on the wild side, but the color which is a very saturated true purple is so pretty, that it doesn’t matter. I hate that, try as I might, I can’t get purple to photograph well. You might have noticed that photography in general is not my strong suit, so any suggestions big or small, would be appreciated. I tried to capture them in what little light was available as the snow started falling this morning, and here’s the result:

Still not exactly the right shade, but closer than the indoor shots.

But that's beside the point....

I just baked a fresh batch of cookies and poured myself a hot cup of coffee… So now that I’ve wasted a good part of the day on the computer, I’m ready to spend the rest of this snowy day knitting.

I’ve still got about half of DD#1’s sweater to knit and a hat or two for the PADs project. Oh, and I’ve picked out the pattern for my next pair of socks, but you’ll have to wait until I cast on to actually see what I picked out! Stay safe and warm!

No comments: