Monday, January 19, 2009

All in the Family

DH is off on the first leg of his adventure.  He flew out yesterday and arrived safely at Fort Jackson, SC to “re-green” as the Army quaintly calls the program to bring people who have been

 out for a little while back up to mission ready.  He expects to be there for a

 couple weeks before actually going to Alaska.  Today is a down day because of the holiday, so he is doing a kind of “trip down memory lane” as he visits the site of his original basic training.  His big plans today were to go to the PX and visit the work-out room. 

The kitties and I have been rattling around a little bit.  Zelda has been doing some serious moping and clinging to me, Saucey is more used to the occasional coming and going, so she is more relaxed.  I suspect she and I will start moping more down the road.

BUT…

The toe-up striped socks are finished!  They definitely have their own distinct look.  See?

Here’s all three pair that came from the two balls of Noro Kureyon Sock yarn.  (Colors S185 and S180) 

You can sure see the family resemblance between all three pair, yet none of the six socks are exactly identical.  I love this yarn.  I just recently got hints from someone about getting her own pair…. Is there any better excuse to shop for yarn?

This picture probably captures the colors best...

Since I already wear the other two pair a lot, I’m glad to have a third to put into the rotation.  Now I won’t have to fret so much when I haven’t had time to wash socks!

AND…

I finished (drum roll please)... the Santa Cruz Hoodie for DD#1. Here’s a kind of bad self portrait I took using the mirror.  

This is for you sweetie

This thing is really big on me, but she wanted it big and comfy.  I think it will fit her exactly like she wanted. 

Pattern: Santa Cruz Hoodie from Knit 2 Together by Tracey Ulman and Mel Clark (Largest given size)

Yarn: Cascade Quatro in color 5018 (Body) and Cascade 220 in color 8892 (sleeves)

Size 9 and 11 circular needles / size 9 dpn

Pattern Mods: knit body and sleeves in round to start of raglan shaping

My knitting goals for the week are to finish the other Horseshoe cable sock, finish the MIL sweater, swatch for my top-down sweater and maybe my squirrely mittens.  But maybe that’s a little ambitious…

1 comment:

SciFiTVFanGirl said...

Ooh! It looks awesome! I can't wait to get to try it on!

*hugs*