Monday, February 22, 2010

On Track


It really seems to help when you have a “deadline” for finishing up a knit project.  Since I made a goal to finish up my Bi-Color Cables sweater as part of the Knitting Olympics, the project has seemingly become a quick knit.  I’m sure there’s some fancy psychological term for all of that, but whatever the effect is, it’s certainly a good thing at the moment.

This weekend I finished up the body of the sweater and started the sleeves.  I’m knitting the sleeves two at once since I am working against a deadline.  I’ve got the body pinned out and blocking.  After I finish the sleeves, there’s still a collar to knit.  I’m not 100% sure that I will get this completely finished by Sunday, but I feel pretty good that I might be able to get most of the knitting accomplished. 

In my main event, I finished the Silk Smoke Ring last night.  The pattern called for it to be 17” in length, but my yardage was shorter than what the pattern called for.  Regardless, I knew I wouldn’t knit it that long even if there was enough yarn.  My finished cowl is more like 10”.  I probably could have squeezed out one more pattern repeat which would have made the finished length closer to 12” with the fragments from the frogging, but I felt pretty good about the length. Besides, that would have meant fussing with extra ends to weave in right in the middle of the pattern.  Not my cup of tea.

I took a picture of it blocking, but it doesn’t look like much, I’ll try to get an action shot once it’s dry and post a good picture.

I have a semi-busy week ahead, but I’m going to keep moving towards the goal. 

Speedy Knitting!
 
Nana

No comments: