Friday, August 13, 2010

Big Ball of Joy


Big Ball of Joy
Originally uploaded by nanaknits21

This is just a quick post to keep the crickets quiet. I finished one thing this week. I seem to be quite the busy bee lately hopping from thing to thing to other thing to do. I have managed to find a little knitting time, but taking time to report on my activities seems to be of far greater difficulty. So, I just wanted to show off some knitting that I've actually done. This is the Big Ball of Joy from Fons and Porters Love of Knitting magazine. The pattern called for an acrylic yarn, I used a washable cotton. I was a little surprised that it came out as big as it did. You can just see the corner of my ball-winder in this pic to give you an idea of the finished size. This was a pretty basic pattern and not too difficult in the knitting department. I have an aversion to sewing seams together so with the number of seams required by this project, I chose to do 3-needle bind-off to join the pieces together. I'm happy with the finished effect. That's it for now.

Happy Knitting
Nana

No comments: