Sunday, March 9, 2008

Weekend Update

So as it turned out, my class ended up being a private lesson with the owner of the shop, Lynette! I had a wonderful hour of her undivided attention while she showed me one-on-one some of the little tricks she uses for making neat seams and she also helped me with my tension problem by figuring out that I was actually "throwing" the yarn when I purled. Since I knit continental, I guess the result was that my stitches were formed differently, so they ended up looking differently as a result. She taught me a different way to do my purling and it seems to work. She also showed me a couple of great reference books which will have to go on my “wish list” for the time being. All in all it was a very fortuitous morning! Oh, and this yummy Koigu KPPPM might have followed me home. Lynette was very kind and helpful to me and has such a nice shop; it’s just too bad that I don’t get to go there as often as I would if I lived closer. Unfortunatly, I spent so much time with practice-purling that I didn’t actually get to finish the baby sweater yesterday as planned! So no pictures of any Finished Objects just yet.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Wow! Knitting private lessons -- that sounds great. Beautiful yarn, too.