Friday, March 7, 2008

Knitting Class!

I was out and about most of the day today so I didn’t get a chance to take any update photos of the sweater in progress or other projects I mentioned or am working on. Tomorrow I’m going to a knitting class here. The class is on finishing. No; not the too many UFO type. The making things look pretty when you are done type. My goal for the class is twofold. I generally want to learn how to make my finished projects look the best they can but there’s also another reason. I keep forgetting to mention that I signed up for the TKGA Master Knitter Level I course. I have my instructions, my binder, the yarn for swatches and everything is ready to go. I’ve read over most of it and my two biggest areas of concern for being able to submit acceptable swatches are my tendency to have erratic tension and finishing. Hopefully this class will help me improve my finishing techniques. The tension thing I’ll have to work on as I go. Oh, and just in case you are wondering; the baby sweater is coming along just fine. I have one sleeve, the collar and the button bands left to knit. The mice are patiently waiting for me to schlep downstairs and figure out where I hid the fiberfill. I know I have some, but for some mysterious reason, it's not in the craft area. Neither, Saucey nor Zelda have figured out that they mice are toys yet, so they are safe for the time being. And the booties just need to be washed and blocked. So hopefully, there will be a report on the class and some pictures of finished projects sometime later this weekend. Happy Knitting!

No comments: