Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Trip Report and Finished Socks

I’m still trying to catch up after traveling to MI to see our new granddaughter. (Alanta modeling her new sweater)

It seems like whenever we travel anywhere it always takes about a day or so to get back to normal routine and feel any energy. I did have some good knitting time in on the trip since we drove.

We had a nice visit with the kids and “Papa” enjoyed bonding with his newest grandbaby. Big brothers Aiden and Braylen were non-stop the entire time we visited, so it was hard to get very many good pictures.

DH also got a chance to catch up with his other daughter who was taking advantage of her spring break to see the new baby, too. She brought along her puppy...(Macy) ...



Who only added to the hubbub the twins were creating. Needless to say it's nice visiting grandkids, but the best part is leaving them well loved, but leaving them with their parents when it’s time to go home.

I finished knitting the Kitty Socks Friday and grafted the toes in the car on the first part of the trip. The best part of that is I got to wear them on Sunday!

The rest of the trip I worked on the Little Slip of a Thing and am almost finished with it. Sorry I don’t have any decent pictures to share. Both the camera and the weather have turned a little uncooperative on me. We had foggy grey blech most of today and I didn’t get a chance to take pictures earlier in the progress when the camera was still behaving. I think it’s just a need for new batteries, but it might have gotten manhandled during the trip. I need to buy batteries, but lack energy to go to the store. …Sounds like a vicious cycle (ha, ha). So my next project will be the one I’ve been looking forward to for a while, the Diagonal Stripe Vest (kit) by Shelridge Farms (and Maureen Mason Jamison) which I bought at Stitches last summer. I’m really looking forward to getting it started….

Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Oooohhh, those sweet little ones are so cute. :) Sounds like a wonderful time was had by all.

I adore you kitty socks - saw them on SAM5 too. They are the best!!

Anonymous said...

The baby is so cute!! We just found out we are pregnant. :)

pinkknitting on rav