Friday, June 5, 2009

End of Week Round-up

I haven’t posted much about knitting lately, so I thought I’d do a quick post with a few of the projects I’ve been working on. I started some blue socks and am finding the pattern to be a pretty quick knit and am feeling much love for the yarn and pattern combination. The Simply Blue socks are coming along quite well….

(Doesn’t Saucey make a lovely model)

Pattern: Simplicity from the Eclectic Sole / Yarn Knitivity Down Home Fingering in Denim

I also needed a pair to work on for my magic loop class and after much rifling through my sock yarn stash and pattern collection, I settled on: A pair of Mixed up Monkeys

Pattern: Monkey by Cookie A / Yarn Claudia Handpaint Fingering in Desert Dusk

The yarn is two different dye-lots of the same color and for that reason, I am going to mix and match the various parts of the socks using some from each skein. So for that reason I’m working them two at a time.

I also got all of the knitting done on the Presto-Chango sweater and it’s currently blocking. All it needs is a little seaming and just the right buttons
Have a happy weekend!
Nana
P.S. to Jean... I do have a P-38 in my kitchen drawer, but settled for my trusty Pampered Chef can opener to avert the crisis!

No comments: