Thursday, November 22, 2007

A Prayer of Thanks

God has created a new day, Silver and green and gold. Live that the evening may find us Worthy his gifts to hold. Lord bless not only meat and drink, But what we do and what we think. So that in all our work and play, We may grow better every day. (From Table Graces; Prayers of Thanks, Peter Pauper Press) 5 things I am thankful for: 1. A loving merciful God who gives me a fresh start every day. 2. My family; my parents who still have their health and vitality, my siblings and their families; my Husband; my daughters and step-daughters; my grandsons and my crazy cats. The love they provide gives me strength and encouragement. 3. A clear mind and able hands. 4. A home to live in and enough to eat. (Also, yarn to knit with). 5. The friends and acquaintances that lend their encouragement and help me along the way. Have a Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving!

No comments: