Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A Granddaughter!

Alanta Marie: Born 7:56 AM ET



This picture was sent via cameraphone, I’m sure we’ll have more pics down the road.

So, what have I been up to with my knitting?

I finished the secret swap socks. They are blocking and the package will be heading to the post office before the end of the week. Full details will be coming then.

The Annetrelac socks are going to go down to the wire on whether the yarn will hold out till the last toe is knit:

I have part of one foot and the entire other heel/gusset/foot to do yet… See the very puny yarn cake. Pray, cross your fingers or make a sacrificial offering to the “knitting goddess” for me. (Whatever you think might help this quantity of yarn to be sufficient...)

With March nearly upon us I have several projects in my queue and not in my queue but on the very long list of things I'd like to make nonetheless. I am itching to start something different. Oh and maybe I need to make a short detour to repair these….

EEK! My beautiful Noro mittens have suffered a thumb blow out due to our terrible weather. I think I can unravel the thumbs to the place I joined the yarn and reknit them. I hope. They are part of the only hat and mitten "set" I have. (the rest are all mismatched). *Sigh*

3 comments:

Karen said...

oooohhh, congratulations!! She is precious and adorable. :)

Zozzy&Marat said...

My congratulations!!! It is very happy event!

Laurel said...

What a pretty little girl! and I LOVE the socks!

Found your page via Ravelry...and the RAOK group...you are MUCH, MUCH too young to be a grandma! I have a 4 & 5 year old & I'm your age! And might be pregnant...! Uh, yeah...God's sense of humor...adopt 2 & get a bio! My grandma was 47 when my mom was born tho...so I might continue the family pattern! HA!

You knit BEAUTIFULLY! :o)