Monday, February 11, 2008

Winter Weather Wimp

That’s me. I know I sound just like a big whiner, but I’m officially done with winter. Unfortunately, the weather man keeps babbling on about freezing temperatures, more snow, blah, blah, blah! I’m ready for some steady sun-shiney-warm days.

Did lots of stuff this weekend, but not too much of it was knitting related. On Friday, I did a little knitting project diversion and made this:

Calorimetry from Knitty
Yarn: Freedom Spirit by Twilleys of Stamford Shade 506
Size 7 US needles
It was the February project for a KAL from one of my Ravelry groups.

Saturday, we went and saw this movie, which was actually pretty funny. We needed a good laugh after the rough weather last week.

And, I spent Sunday afternoon making these:

Some stitch markers which may be used as little gifts here and there.

Today of course was mostly housework but I did brave the 12 degree weather to go to one store and pick up a few things. The Calorimetry did it's job nicely!

Progress on the swap sock is very good. I made it to the heel turn before it was time to switch projects. Progress on the Annetrelac has reversed direction because I had to frog back to the ribbing and re-do the entrelac portion on smaller needles. Good thing it works up fast, I am almost back up to the fifth tier. (Of course I was almost done with 8 when I figured out that it was going to be a tad large). {sigh}

So with ugly weather forecast again for this week, I suspect I’ll be mostly staying in (again) and, I’ll just have to make the most of the opportunity, I guess.

1 comment:

Crafty Doll said...

I love how your caliometry project turned out. Very cute! Pretty stitch markers too.

P.S. Thanks for the blog visit! :)